Sweet Potato, Leek, and Ham Soup
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
This brightly colored soup is perfect for chilly fall evenings and is ready in just 40 minutes.
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (such as Cumberland Gap)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 3 cups refrigerated cubed peeled sweet potato (such as Glory)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced leek (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Calories 193
- Caloriesfromfat 7%
- Fat 1g
- Satfat 0.2g
- Monofat 0.0g
- Polyfat 0.1g
- Protein 15.5g
- Carbohydrate 29.2g
- Fiber 3.6g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 625mg
- Calcium 153mg
How to Make It
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove ham from pan; set aside.
Add leek to pan; coat with cooking spray. Cook leek, covered, 5 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons water to pan, if needed, to prevent burning.
Add sweet potato and next 4 ingredients, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sweet potato is very tender. Place half of potato mixture in a blender or food processor. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth. Pour puree into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture. Return pureed mixture to pan. Stir in 3/4 cup reserved ham. Ladle soup into bowls; top servings evenly with 1/4 cup reserved ham. Garnish with sliced leek and onions, if desired.
Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast