15 Favorite Casual Small Bites and Snacks in Charleston
The task of selecting some of the city’s top dishes was challenging, but we narrowed it down to a few delicious contenders. Here are our recommendations for some perfect quick bites to be found in Charleston:
1. Cheese Biscuits at Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q: We love a good biscuit, and the cheese biscuits at Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Que are more than good, they are addictively amazing. Once seated, you are served a warm basket full of the cheesy delicious bites. The key is to eat just a few — that is, if you can manage to stop and save room for the rest of the meal you’ve ordered.
2. Pretzels at The Gin Joint: This tucked-away bar is the place to go for some of the city’s best cocktails, but their snack menu at The Gin Joint is not to be overlooked. Perfect to eat while sipping on drinks like Nerd Alert, Card Shark, and Colonel Angus, the soft pretzels melt in your mouth and are delicious when dipped in the accompanying sriracha-laced cheese.
3. Deviled Eggs at The Glass Onion Any restaurant that serves deviled eggs on the daily menu is a friend of ours. At The Glass Onion, Jennie Ruth’s deviled eggs are a staple and can be purchase individually for 75 cents each. Chef and owner Chris Stewart uses his grandmother’s recipe for this dish and adds his secret Thunder Sauce for a little kick. If you want the recipe for your own, be sure to pick up a copy of The Glass Onion Classics Recipe Booksold at the restaurant before leaving.
4. Oyster Sliders at The Ordinary<>: One of the cheapest items on the menu at The Ordinary are the oyster sliders. Lightly breaded fried oysters lay inside a Hawaiian roll from nearby Brown’s Court Bakery. Filled with a pickled cabbage and carrot slaw, sriracha, and fish sauce, every bite is perfection. At just $6 per slider, we recommend ordering a pan full.
5. Scones at WildFlour Pastry: It is no secret that Lauren Mitterer is one of the most talented pastry chefs in the south. She keeps quiet in her tiny bakery, but the secret is out on how incredible her sweet and savory treats are. Walking into the space, you are overtaken with the smell of the most amazing baked treasures — cakes, cookies, and muffins galore. We recommend the scone of the day, which often feature ham and cheese, berries, jam, and more.
6. Butter Bean Salad at Monza: One might go into Monza for pizza or pastas, but one of the best dishes is the butter bean salad comprising fresh shelled butter beans that are topped with lemon and olive oil. Don’t skimp out and be sure to add the house tuna conserva that makes it the perfect dish to provide the energy needed for the day.
7. Wings at Home Team BBQ: Chef Aaron Siegel’s wings are famous and were recently selected by Star Chefs to be featured at their annual conference in New York. The secret is the 10-hour process to make them, from smoking to confiting the meat, to then rendering them until they are “fall-off-the-bone” tender. Right before serving, they are flash-fried to caramelize the sugar on the skin. Served with the secret Alabama white sauce, a dozen might not be enough once you start eating them.
8. Duck Fat Fries at the Tattooed Moose: If you are more of a dive bar kind of person, then one of the best for food, cheap beverages, and atmosphere is the Tattooed Moose. The menu is filled with great sandwiches but the highlight is an order of a basket of hand-cut duck fat fries. You can order them plain with a side of homemade garlic aioli, topped with bleu cheese fondue sauce, or with duck gravy.
9. Bacon Happy Hour at The Macintosh: Named after chef Jeremiah Bacon, the Bacon Happy Hour is a deal at $5 plates from 5 to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. The menu changes daily and currently features pork dip, confit duck wings, and pork-filled lettuce wraps, all which pairs well with the cocktail featured of the evening.
10. Fried Chicken at Martha Lou’s: there are many opinions about who has good fried chicken in Charleston, but one of our votes is at Martha Lou’s. Ambiance alone wins as this bright pink building featuring a mural of Martha Lou herself serves as the restaurant’s signage. When you enter, you know if Martha Lou is in and if you’re lucky she will place your chicken order — which takes 20 minutes, so be prepared to wait — and entertain you with her stories.
11. Chicken Soup at Santi’s: If you are tending to a massive hangover or just need something hearty, head to Santi’s. The margaritas alone can cure anything but the real gem is Mama’s Specialty: a chicken soup with beef-filled tortillas, lettuce, tomato, Chihuahua cheese, avocado, and sour cream all mixed in.
12. Fondue at Fast & French: you can only get it on Thursday nights, but the fondue at Fast & French is a treat. This restaurant is another longstanding local jewel and hidden away from the more bustling tourist areas of town. The fondue selections include beef, seafood, Swiss, and blue cheese and makes for the perfect date night.
13. Loaded Tater Tots at The Alley: Loaded tots are what to order at this one-stop entertainment establishment. Topped with sour cream, chives, and house made pork belly, the tots make for the perfect snack to eat while bowling.
14. Piggy Plate at The Grocery: The bar at The Grocery has an extended counter to sit at and order snacks, and The Piggy Plate is the perfect option. A staple dish for the hot spot, the plate comes on a pig-shaped cutting board and features five cured meats like house made city ham, pork cheeks, mortadella, and pâtés along with mustard and some of chef Kevin Johnson’s prized pickled vegetables and relishes.
15. Benne Seed Salsa at Minero: we hope that Sean Brock soon bottles and sells the now-famous benne seed salsa at Minero. Brock sourced the benne from West Africa and it is probably one of the best salsa out there. Accompanied by two other dips and served with handmade chips, the salsa is the star of the show.
Crispy polenta is a delicious (and naturally gluten-free) alternative to toasts for your appetizer spread.
Since 1995, Epicurious has been the ultimate food resource for the home cook, with daily kitchen tips, fun cooking videos, and, oh yeah, over 33,000 recipes.
"This restaurant served some of the best food I've ever had. Fair warning: It’s expensive and reservations book weeks in advance, but oh my gosh, it was worth it." — tonic4fa41c657
"The weekend brunch is spectaular. Think: Pulled pork eggs benedict and amazing brunch cocktails. They don't take reservations so there might be a bit of a wait but it is so worth it." — mollyj12
"My favorite place in Charleston is Poogan's Porch! The she-crab soup is a classic, and Poogra's version is delicious, served with a delicious jalepeño drizzle." — ehilbig
These Chic But Easy Appetizers Will Rule Your Next Cocktail Party
The holiday party detail that separates the women from the girls? Having a few chic homemade appetizers that are elegant but easy AF to prepare.
It's tempting to go all Martha Stewart on your party and overdue the homemade food. But as we've gotten wiser about our party hosting we've learned to buy some excellent cheeses, superb charcuterie, and concentrate on a handful of homemade appetizers that knock it out of the park.
Here are more than 30 recipes that fit the bill:
Pancetta Fontina Cheese Puffs
Souffles, Croque Monsieurs, omelettes, when it comes to making cheese reach regal heights, the French are total masters. So it's no wonder that these Gougères aka cheese puffs are always a hit at our cocktail parties.
Grape Blue Cheese Focaccia
Another no brainer? Making some fresh baked bread topped with all sorts of deliciousness. We vote for these sweet-pungent grape and blue cheese mini focaccia that pair well with anything from bubbles to a classic cocktail.
Smoked Salmon & Herbed Creme Fraiche Spread
Imagine your favorite lox and schmear combo did a semester abroad in France and you've got an idea of how this effortlessly elegant Smoked Salmon & Herbed Creme Fraiche Spread tastes.
Meyer Lemon Crab Chive Bites
When you're looking for something elegant, easy, and doable for everyone from your gluten-free friends to the low carb people? These crab bites are the perfect choice.
Spicy Citrus Pickled Shrimp
dairy free, gluten free, nut free
Why we love the South? Because they pickle things we'd never imagine pickiing — from watermelon rinds to shrimp — and it always tastes amazing. This riff on a classic pickled shrimp recipe is a bit citrusy, spicy, and way more interesting than any storebought ring of shrimp and cocktail sauce.
Chile Lime Marinated Shrimp
dairy free, gluten free, nut free
For something a little more laidback, turn to this Mexican twist on ceviche known as Aguachile. Shrimp marinated in a bright herb and chile sauce and you serve it with tostadas!
Manchego Arugula Bresaola Hand Rolls
dairy free, gluten free, nut free
Like the little black dress of cocktail appetizers, we turn to these Bresaola Hand Rolls over and over and never tire of them.
Night Market Popcorn Chicken
dairy free, gluten free, nut free
Yes, we make this because it's an excuse to eat popcorn chicken without seeming all white trash about it. But also because this Taiwanese version has tons of spices and fried basil for a twist that's totally unexpected but equally addictive.
Baby Potato Bites with Chorizo
Yes, these are just an excuse to eat potato skins in a fancy setting, but they're also a perfect appetizer recipe because they can be made way ahead.
Mozzarella Tomato Basil Risotto Balls
Normally we're anti fried food or anything that keeps you in the kitchen for a dinner party (unless it's popcorn chicken, of course) but these risotto balls are a major exception. You can 100% make them ahead (even fry them) and then just reheat them in the oven right before serving!
Caramelized Onion & Butternut Squash Danish Recipe
The best thing about this recipe? If you have leftovers (you probbaly won't btw), they're as tasty for breakfast with a cup of coffee as they are as a cocktail party app.
Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn Popcorn
gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegetarian
It is our firm belief that any party with popcorn is only made more delicious. This stovetop kettle corn takes a second to make and gets eaten even faster!
Carrot Harissa Hummus
gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegetarian
A veggie-filled slightly smoky twist on hummus, we keep this around for everything from a healthy gift wrapping session snack to cocktail parties.
Walnut Beet Caviar Spread
gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
Not so much caviar as a smooth, sweet, nutty beet dip, we first tried a version of this on a trip to Israel and recreate it whenever beets are in season.
Cocoa-Chile Sweet Spicy Snack Mix
gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
If you combined your favorite chocolate mole and ChexMix, we imagine you'd end up with something like this spicy sweet snack mix!
Mascarpone Fennel Puff Pastry Bites
Slowly caramelizing the fennel and pairing them with creamy mascarpone cheese makes these little puff pastry bites totally addictive.
Pear Cranberry Brie Mini Tartlets With Hot Honey
We've all had that classic holiday appetizer of cranberry brie bites, yes? Well, here we modernize it with just 5 minutes extra cooking time by adding in sage-scented pears, pomegranate seeds, and a hot honey garnish.
Speck-Wrapped Persimmons With Balsamic Honey Glaze
dairy free, gluten free, nut free
We don't know about you but we can never get enough of prosciutto and melon in our lives. When the melon is no longer in season, we switch to persimmons and top it with this inky sweet-tart balsamic honey glaze.
Persimmon Bites With Fried Sage and Goat Cheese
gluten free, nut free, vegetarian
If ever there was an appetizer that was as equally impressive as it was low fuss, this would be it. Fry the sage days ahead and then just assemble when you're party starts and you're good to go!
Gougeres Tea Sandwiches With Date Paste, Goat Cheese, and Mint
If you're looking for a total curve ball of an appetizer, this is it. We take gougeres (aka French cheese puffs) and layer into them some fresh mint, whipped goat cheese, and a date spread for a sweet-salty bite that is totally addictive!
Blistered Balsamic Concord Grapes
dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan
Nothing screams chic like cold-cut cheese and fruit! Spice up your appetizer platters with a batch of these impressive Blistered Balsamic Concord Grapes.
Scallop Crudo With Citrus Jalapeno Sauce
nut-free, dairy free, gluten free
Speaking of pulling out the stops, pulling out some uber fresh seafood pretty much always impresses guests. If you have access to great scallops, this crudo with a spicy tart topping is a must make.
Oysters With Pomegranate Mignonette Granita Recipe
nut-free, dairy free, gluten free
Yes, great oysters are incredible with nothing more than a squeeze of lemon. But, when you want to up the ante, turn to this sweet, tangy, tart pomegranate mignonette granita that's as tasty as it is beautiful!
Shrimp and Watermelon Ceviche
When it comes to simple and easy, ceviche is at the top of our list. With quality ingredients and just a little bit of patience, this recipe uses fresh shrimp & juicy watermelon comes together in no time.
Spicy Kaffir Lime Peanuts
dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan
What’s the best way to keep your hands busy during a conversation? Peanuts! This spicy, thai-inspired version is our go-to for a chic twist on the classic party snack.
Savory Olive and Tomato Palmiers
Whenever we want to impress, we go for the roll of all-butter puff pastry sitting in our freezer. And trust us, this classic French pastry never disappoints.
Spanish Potato Chip Tortilla Bites With Bravas Sauce
If you adore Spanish tortillas as much as we do, then you'll love this version of the classic recipe made much easier thanks to storebought potato chips!
Chicken Tinga Tostadas With Radish Salsa
ISO an app that's more of a meal but still simple and make ahead? Then you'll be all about this recipe of slow cooked shredded chiptole chicken tostadas!
B urrata and Agrodolce Fig Crostini
Creative crostinis? Check. Our version consists of creamy burrata topped with sweet & savory figs for a delicious party appetizer finish.
Pomegranate Pistachio Radicchio Salad Cups With Maple Lemon Cream Sauce
Healthy-ish, loaded with fall flavors, and totally elegant, these salad cups do take some time to assemble but they're well worth the effort. And the Maple Lemon Cream sauce is so fabulous, we insist you make it even if you never make these salad cups!
Connect With Salt & Wind Travel
- Explore The Salt & Wind Travel Services
- Join Our Virtual Cooking Club For Cooking And Travel Inspo
- Have Us Craft You A Custom Travel Itinerary
- Download Our Digital Travel Guides For Food Lovers
- Sign Up For Our Newsletter
More Recipes On Salt & Wind Travel
Team Salt & Wind Travel
Salt & Wind Travel is a boutique travel company for the discerning food and lifestyle traveler. Through our food-first travel planning services, including private day tours, custom itinerary planning, small group trips, and our Digital City Guides For Food Lovers, we provide you with the resources to travel in good taste. Founded by food and travel expert, Aida Mollenkamp in 2015, Salt & Wind Travel is owned by Aida and filmmaker and travel expert, Kristen Kellogg.
Flamin' Hot Cheetos have had fans of the cheesy sticks hooked, but once you hear how the recipe was invented, you'll likely love the spicy snack that much more.
Richard Montañez snagged his first job at corporate giant Frito-Lay as a janitor at the age of 12 in 1976. One day, the assembly line at the plant he worked at had broken down, and some of the Cheetos didn't get that salty cheesy coating. He took a few of these unflavored ones home and dusted them with chili powder, something he loved eating in elote, which is grilled corn that's dressed in butter, lime, chili powder, and cheese. He pitched his creation to the CEO of Frito-Lay, and the rest is history.
Expect to see a movie about him soon—Fox Searchlight Pictures acquired the rights to produce a film about how he overcame adversity and ultimately invented one of the most famed salty snacks.
And if you don't love Flamin' Hot Cheetos, there's always the original version of the classic lunchbox snack, too.
15 Finger Foods For a Girls' Night In
You've done it! You found an evening that you can spend totally kids-free. Call up your girlfriends and grab some wine because it's finally time for a girls' night! To help you prepare, we've picked out our favorite finger foods that taste great and won't kill in calories.
1. Turkey Meatball Sliders:
The zesty Italian seasoning and fresh basil leaves give these sliders irresistible flavor and a crunchy exterior that you will absolutely love. The best part yet is that you can make them in about 30 minutes! Click here for the recipe.
2. Skinny Buffalo Chicken Bites:
After you've prepped shredded chicken, something we recommend you always keep on hand, this recipe takes about 10 minutes to whip together. You can vary the amount of hot sauce you use to make them perfect for you and your guests. To get the recipe, click here.
3. Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad:
The blend of unique flavors makes this dish wildly popular. It doesn't hurt that it's low-cal and low-carb, meaning you can feel guilt-free when you pile it on your plate. Check out the recipe here!
4. Copycat Cosmic Brownies:
Go back to your childhood with these surprisingly healthy Cosmic Brownie knock-offs. While they look super sugary and fatty, in truth they're only 142 calories per serving, with only 7 grams of fat. The girls will be clamoring for seconds when they see you put this dish on the table! Get the recipe here.
5. S'more Fluff:
This whipped yummy concoction will make your guests' eyes widen in curiosity. The cloud-like substance tastes creamy and rich, satisfying your every craving. Find the recipe here!
6. Sweet Potato Skins:
(Photo: Girl Makes Food)
These sweet potato skins are like a healthy junk food. They taste like you should be avoiding them but have tons of healthy nutrients! See the recipe here.
7. Skinny Piña Colada Cupcakes:
If you like piña coladas. then you'll love these cupcakes! Click here for the recipe.
8. Easy Spinach and Artichoke Phyllo Bites:
(Photo: Rachel Cooks)
Using ready-made Phyllo cups makes this party appetizer a breeze, and the filling couldn't be more drool-worthy! This recipe boasts a simple mix of spinach, artichokes, sour cream and cheese, with just a touch of cayenne pepper to give it a kick! Click here for more info.
9. Baked Zucchini Chips:
Your guests will love snacking on this healthy appetizer! Not only is it a great way to get in your veggies for the day, but it's a great snack to keep you from eating an entire bag of potato chips! Click here for our skinny recipe.
5. Skinny Mozzarella Bites:
You may as well go ahead and make two batches of these, because just one tray isn't going to cut it! They are so delicious and make for the perfect party appetizer. Click here for the nutrition info.
6. Skinny Mac and Cheese Muffins:
This fun approach to macaroni and cheese is great for your girls' night. It's enough food to keep your friends full without having to prepare an entire meal for them. Click here to get step-by-step instructions.
7. Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Bites:
This is a sweet treat the ladies will love, and your kids will go crazy for leftovers (if there are any)! This is the sort of dessert that it's okay to have a few of. Click here for the recipe.
8. Spicy Roasted Chickpeas:
Ready to spice up your evening? These chickpeas are very simple to make and will really add a kick to your party spread! Put a bowl of these on the table for some healthy and spicy snacking. Click here to see how they're made.
9. Cauliflower Pizza Bites:
This is one of our favorite appetizers to date! The combination of pizza flavoring and low-calories makes this dish a must-have at any girls' night! Check out the recipe here.
10. Baked Broccoli Tots:
The girls will appreciate this healthy spin on an American favorite. The tots are under 130 calories per serving, making them a healthy hit at every party! Click here to see more nutrition information.
Instead of always bring the same boring snacks to the party, opt for these fantastic and creative party finger foods instead.
Click on the link below each image to view the full recipe.
1. Bourbon Bbq Little Smokies
Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies are a flavorful appetizer that’s easy to make and oh so good!
They are the perfect fit for any occasion or get together!
2. Homemade Mac and Cheese Bites
These bites are the PERFECT finger food or appetizer! Adults and kids alike go crazy for them.
If you are looking for a people pleasing recipe and/or appetizer, this recipe is fantastic!
The flavor is delicious and they are cooked to perfection!
3. Crunchy Taco Cups
How fun are these little Taco Cups made in a muffin tin??
I don’t think I’ll ever find another taco recipe I love more than these wonton tacos.
They have double layers of crunchy taco shell, seasoned beef, spicy tomatoes, and gooey cheese all in one perfect bite!
4. Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
Just like the restaurant-version, except it’s so much cheaper to make right at home and it tastes a million times better too!
5. Maple Caramel Bacon Crack
It’s highly addictive and extremely delicious. Smoky, sweet, crunchy, buttery, chewy — the perfect conglomerate of badassness.
And it has only four simple ingredients, all of which you probably have in your pantry right now.
6. Crab Rangoon Crescent Cups
Delicious crab and cream cheese are the perfect combination.
This is one of the easiest recipes to put together and my guests always rave about them!
7. Parmesan Crusted Tortellini Bites
Cheese filled tortellini that’s fried to golden perfection and dipped in warm marinara sauce.
8. Garlic Parmesan Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
Garlic Parmesan Clam Stuffed Mushrooms are perfect for the seafood lover.
Loaded with minced clams & 3 types of cheese make these the perfect appetizer.
9. Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
This one is a definite crowd pleaser. There are only 4 ingredients and one of them is bacon.
How could you not want to give these bad boys a try?
10. Mexican Shrimp Bites
This recipe for Mexican shrimp bites is seared shrimp and guacamole layered onto individual potato chips. A super easy appetizer that’s perfect for entertaining!
11. Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
This is my favorite way to eat chicken meatballs. They’re spiced up with a sweet, savory, and spicy firecracker sauce.
They’re tender, filled with flavor, and require minimum work!
12. Cannoli Dip
This dip is so divine you really don’t even need anything for dipping. It’s light and fluffy and perfectly creamy.
13. Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
These pizza puffs are not only delicious, they’re quick and easy to whip up! The texture is nice and fluffy with a cheesy flavor!
14. Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
It’s really easy to make. 6 ingredients and 30 minutes are all you need for this cheesy garlic pull-apart bread.
Serve it as a side, an appetizer, or a snack. Bring it to a potluck or tailgate party to knock everyone’s socks off!
15. Spinach Balls
Spinach Balls are always a crowd-pleasing party favorite.
With the delicious combination of spinach and stuffing mix, who can resist?
16. Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
Zucchini slices are coated in parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs and then cooked until crispy. They make a great appetizer or side dish.
17. Taco Pinwheels
Oh Taco Pinwheels, I can’t stop, wont stop!!
All you need is puff pastry, taco meat, tomatoes and cheese plus a few bowls of toppings like guacamole!
18. Spicy Italian Sausage Cheese Balls
The BEST Sausage Balls are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party! So easy to make and perfect for game day!
We like to dip them in ranch, BBQ sauce, or marinara – so good!
19. Beer Cheese Dip Bread Bowl
This cheesy, creamy Beer Cheese Dip Tear Apart Bread Bowl is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that your guests will love!
20. Cranberry And Feta Pinwheels
These Cranberry and Feta Pinwheels have a sweet and salty combo that is the perfect Christmas appetizer.
The sweet cranberries with the tangy feta and onions make this 5 ingredient appetizer not only easy but delicious. I like to use spinach tortillas for an extra holiday touch.
21. Baked Zucchini Fries
You’re going to love these! Zucchini gets transformed into healthy, crispy, golden brown baked zucchini fries with a 3-ingredient pesto yogurt dipping sauce.
22. Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado and Bacon
Sweet potato bites with avocado and bacon are a sweet potato appetizer recipe that is perfect for serving to a crowd.
Baked sweet potato slices topped with fresh avocado and crisp bacon.
Great finger food for game day! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and DELICIOUS. Who could ask for anything more?
23. Easy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
Wow! What a great discovery!
Breakfast you can eat with your fingers and dip in syrup, rather than pour syrup all over it.
24. Cranberry Goat Cheese Mini Cheese Balls
Quick, easy, and totally delicious, these Mini Candied Pecan Cranberry Goat Cheese Balls make a tasty party appetizer for fancy yet fuss-free entertaining!
And it can be ready in 15 minutes!
25. Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels Recipe
Love buffalo wings? If you do, you’ll love these! This Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels recipe makes a delicious party food with all the flavors of buffalo wings and blue cheese, but without the mess.
26. Kahlua Pecan Brie
Kahlua Pecan Brie Bites – only 5 ingredients! Can assemble ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. Perfect party food!
27. Zucchini Garlic Bites
This tasty zucchini garlic bites recipe combines shredded zucchini with garlic, Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, and is served with a marinara dipping sauce for an Italian inspired twist.
28. Pretzel M&M Hugs
These Pretzel M&M Hugs are the perfect little festive treats for Christmas parties or gifts.
They take no time at all to make and couldn’t be easier plus they look so impressive!
29. Mini Cheese Ball Bites
Mini Cheese Ball Bites are studded with dried cranberries and blue cheese, rolled in pecans, and skewered with pretzel sticks for fun, easy party appetizers!
30. Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups are loaded with bacon, jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream….all in a crispy wonton shell.
This easy appetizer comes together quickly and is perfect for parties or game days. If you love jalapeño poppers, you’ll LOVE this delicious twist!
31. Easy Potato Skins Recipe
Easy potato skins recipe topped with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon bits and taste great topped with a little sour cream! The perfect appetizer for any party!
32. Pomegranate Goat Cheese Bites
These Pomegranate Goat Cheese Bites with Honey and Thyme are an easy party appetizer that is sure to impress your guests!
Perfectly balanced with tangy goat cheese, tart pomegranate arils and a hint of honey, these bite sized holiday party appetizers will disappear in seconds!
33. Sausage Cheese Balls
These easy sausage cheese balls are the perfect appetizer, they’re packed full of savory flavor!
Try serving bisquick sausage balls at your next party!
34. Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon-wrapped Little Smokies
The classic little smokies appetizer gets an upgrade from the cayenne and brown sugar rub, not to mention crispy bacon wrapped around the smokies!
35. Chip and Guacamole Bites
These gluten-free chip and guacamole bites are so fun to bring to parties and potlucks.
25 Holiday Party Appetizers: Small Bites For Elegant Entertaining
Holiday entertaining is all about lots of food, drink and jubilation! It's a time to gather family friends and even good neighbors and acquaintances. And parties don't have to be formal affairs with sit-down dinners and prim and proper manners. They can be fun, simple and completely casual. Cocktail and appetizer parties are a great way to entertain (holiday sweater party anyone?). A number of small bites, dips, spreads, savory tarts and a few drinks are all you need. And you don't have to break the bank either -- have guests bring their favorite bottle of wine and you're all set with the drinks part. Now for the food!
Whether you're the kind of person who has the holiday party that everyone wants to attend or are a first-time host or hostess, we have a collection of recipes to suit all your needs. You'll find recipes for big-batch appetizers (like fondue, cheese spread and bean dip) as well as elegant hors d'oeuvres (smoked trout canapes, oysters Rockefeller and phyllo pastries). The best part is all these recipes can easily be eaten with your hands, either picked up with your fingers or with the help of a skewer. Most of the recipes can be prepared ahead of your party or small gathering, making it that much easier to entertain flawlessly. This way you can spend more time with your guests instead of in the kitchen!
How do you like to entertain during the holidays? Let us know in the comments.
Planning Your Appetizer Party Menu
To guarantee a diverse appetizer spread, serve a combination of easy appetizers that satisfy several of the following food categories:
- Garden: Typically healthy appetizers made with fruit or vegetables (raw, cooked, or stuffed).
- Starch: Hearty, starchy appetizer recipes, such as finger sandwiches, pizza, and dumplings, are all part of this family. Bruschetta, breadsticks, crackers, and rolls are also mainstays.
- Protein: Serve meat or fish dishes, such as meatballs, chicken wings, or sushi, to give your guests protein. You could also make an egg, cheese, or tofu appetizer. Try these grilled appetizer recipes.
- Snacks: Easy appetizers to prepare, the snack category includes nuts, chips, pretzels, popcorn, and other mostly savory finger foods. Check out our favorite easy (and healthy) party snacks.
- Dips and Spreads: Pair foods from various appetizer categories with tapenades, relishes, and other party dips and spreads.
- Desserts: Serve mini desserts such as cheesecake, candies, and cookies.
If your guests have dietary restrictions, consider making an assortment of appetizer recipes that cater to their needs. Having vegetarian appetizers or gluten-free appetizers, for instance, might be a priority if you are inviting vegetarians or people with gluten sensitivities.
Buffet food ideas: 40 street party food ideas and recipesJessica Dady April 14, 2021 10:39 am
Making party food from scratch is doable with our selection of delicious, easy buffet food ideas. These party food ideas include both sweet and savoury recipes.
From warm sausage rolls to crunchy apple, walnut and stilton salad, from spring vegetable tortilla to potato salad, we’ve got lots of traditional party foods to choose from.
Our collection of party foods include classic street party foods, afternoon tea ideas, as well as some traditional British finger foods, and kids’ party food ideas too.
One of our favourite buffet food ideas has to be scotch eggs. As you can see in our video above, they’re so simple to make from scratch. Find out how to make scotch eggs with our simple step-by-step guide.